The Ritenour Board of Education believes that excellent employees are essential to and the most important resource for conducting a quality educational program. Consequently, the Board’s top priority is to select the most qualified teaching personnel, secretarial staff, custodians and other support staff employees possible within the parameters of salary limitations. Further, the District is committed to conducting appropriate staff development activities and establishing policies and working conditions which enable each staff member to make the fullest contribution to the district’s programs and services.
- Recruit, select and employ the best qualified personnel available.
- Provide staff compensation and benefit programs sufficient to attract and retain outstanding employees.
- Work with the Professional Development Department to provide in-service training for employees to improve their performance and the rate of retention and promotion.
- Conduct employee appraisal that contributes to the continuous improvement of staff performance.
- Assign personnel to ensure they are utilized as effectively as possible.
- Develop and maintain human and working relationships which maximize staff performance and personal satisfaction.
- Maintain personnel records
- Prepare personnel reports for DESE and CSD Core Data