Welcome to the Ritenour School District Summer Academy!
Ritenour School District Summer Academy takes place from June 1 - July 14, 2022. Ritenour’s summer programs are designed to provide extra support and continued learning for students. Lunch is provided daily and bus transportation is available.
Summer School Classes 2022
The Ritenour Summer Academy Program provides multiple academic interventions in reading and mathematics for Ritenour elementary and middle school students, and credit recovery and enrichment offerings in multiple areas for Ritenour students in grades 9-12. The goals of the program include the following:
- Student academic progress will be assessed to support the identification of those most in need of summer intervention.
- Intervention programs, aligned with student needs, will be implemented and progress will be monitored on a weekly basis
- Student/Teacher ratio will be 15/1 or less to provide individualized support to facilitate success
- Teachers will be trained to effectively implement interventions and also to support the building of 8 positive student relationships
- The program will focus on developing student self-efficacy for long-term sustainability of academic success
- Data (anecdotal and standardized results) will be provided to school administrators to increase the potential for continued success during the school year
Please contact your child’s teacher or school if you have questions about enrolling for Ritenour Summer Academy. Click on the links below for more information:
- Ritenour High School Summer Program
- Rising 9th Grader Summer Program (for incoming freshmen)
- Grades K-8 ELL Language and Vocabulary Development Program
- International Welcome Center Summer Excel Program
Ritenour Summer Academy is for students in grades K-12
June 1 - July 14, 2022 (Monday - Thursday only)
(no classes on Monday, June 20 and Monday, July 4)
*Summer Academy Locations
Buder Elementary (10350 Baltimore Ave.): Buder & Marion Students
Marvin Elementary (3510 Woodson Road): Kratz & Marvin Students
Wyland Elementary (2200 Brown Road): Iveland & Wyland Students
Hoech Middle School (3312 Ashby Road)
Ritenour Middle School (2500 Marshall Ave.)
Ritenour High School (9100 St. Charles Rock Road)
*It’s important to remember that students from Iveland, Kratz and Marion elementary schools will NOT be attending their home school for the summer program due to construction projects planned on those campuses. Please see below where your child will attend:
- Iveland students will attend summer school at Wyland Elementary, 2200 Brown Road
- Kratz students will attend summer school at Marvin Elementary, 3510 Woodson Road
- Marion students will attend summer school at Buder Elementary, 10350 Baltimore Ave.
Students from Wyland Elementary, Marvin Elementary, Buder Elementary, Ritenour Middle, Hoech Middle and Ritenour High School students will attend their home schools for summer school.
Summer Academy Schedules
Locations: Buder, Marvin, Wyland
Locations: Ritenour Middle and Hoech Middle
Ritenour High School
8:15 - 11:45 a.m.
9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
7 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.
8:15 - 8:30 a.m.
9 - 9:30 a.m.
7 - 7:30 a.m.
(Lunch & Learn)
Noon - 12:30 p.m.
10:50 -11: 05 a.m.
Class # 1 - 7:30 -10:45 a.m.
Class # 2 - 11:05 a.m.- 2:20 p.m.
Online Only 3-5 p.m.