The Ritenour Summer Academy Program provides multiple academic interventions in reading and mathematics for Ritenour students in grades 2-8 and credit recovery and enrichment offerings in multiple areas for Ritenour students in grades 9-12. The goals of the program include the following:
- Student academic progress will be assessed to support identification of those most in need of summer intervention.
- Intervention programs, aligned with student needs, will be implemented and progress will be monitored on a weekly basis
- Student/Teacher ratio will be 15/1 or less to provide individualized support to facilitate success
- Teachers will be trained to effectively implement interventions and also to support the building of 8 positive student relationships
- The program will focus on developing student self-efficacy for long-term sustainability of academic success
- Data (anecdotal and standardized results) will be provided to school administrators to increase the potential for continued success during the school year.
Transportation and nutrition services are provided for students in grades 2-8.