- For use by all Ritenour schools for student performances, award presentations, multi-grade special events, district and community events.
- 81,000 square feet (excluding catwalks and mechanical mezzanines).
- 791 total seats – 574 on main level, 217 in balcony. Additional wheelchair seating on main auditorium level and in balcony.
- Design provides excellent sightlines for unobstructed view of the stage.
- Elevator access to all building levels.
- Stage:3,700 square feet, including backstage area; 60 foot wide by 25 foot high stage opening; full fly system including rigging for vertical scene changes; a mix of manual and motorized counterweight system for rigging (lifting and lowering the curtains); floor in stage area designed for dance and music; movable full stage “orchestra shell” provides excellent sound projection from stage into auditorium.
Band, choir and orchestra classrooms include natural light and “daylight harvesting” controls to take advantage of windows and reduce the need for use of electrical light during daytime use. Each room acoustically tuned for accurate and comfortable rehearsal sound.
3,500 square feet; adjacent instrument storage rooms; multiple solo and ensemble practice rooms.
Flexible classroom for keyboard and digital music education; includes equipment for sound recording of performances in the band classroom.
2,000 square feet: permanent risers; multiple solo and ensemble practice rooms; shared robe & uniform storage with orchestra classroom.
Upper lobby includes new concession area for Costilow Fieldhouse functions and can be divided from the lower lobby. The 11,500 square foot combined lobby spaces provide space for receptions, social functions, awards ceremonies and other special events. The upper lobby of the new auditorium features a beautiful Ritenour Husky as part of the terrazzo floor. Designed by Ritenour School District graphic artist Paula Meers,
the Husky proudly greets all visitors as they enter the new auditorium.
1,632 square feet; multiple solo and ensemble practice rooms.
1,430 square feet; operable wall between drama and orchestra classroom to combine rooms to create additional rehearsal space.
Construction Fun Facts
There are a total of 449,100 bricks used in the construction of the new auditorium and classroom addition at Ritenour High School. Laid end to end in a single row, the bricks would extend 56.7 miles - the length of nearly 1,000 football fields. If they were stacked on top of one another, the bricks would reach 18.9 miles high – nearly 100,000 feet in the air!