Tuition Reimbursement Policy
The Board encourages staff members to engage in ongoing study and training in order to enhance the quality of the educational program and to increase hte proficiency of employees.
The District, therefore, offers two tiers of tuition reimbursement for approved courses. Tier One reimbursement for professional staff applies to courses completed toward a graduate degree, as documented by the employee’s university program progression sheet, or Missouri State certification requirements as specified by a State certification evaluation form. For support staff, reimbursement applies to courses completed toward a degree or certificate relevant to their position or a position available in the district, supported by the employee’s university or technical training school program progression sheet. A maximum of nine semester hours per school year is reimbursable. The reimbursement rate is $100 per semester hour.
Tier Two reimbursement for professional staff applies toward university level course work within an individual’s assigned core curriculum area or courses prescribed in an individual’s professional improvement plan (PIP). For support staff, Tier Two reimbursement applies to university or technical training school courses related to one’s position and/or district programs or courses prescribed in one’s evaluation. A maximum of six semester hours per school year is reimbursable. The reimbursement rate is $70 per semester hour.
A tuition reimbursement school year is defined as Summer, Fall and Spring terms.
Reimbursement for tuition is subject to the following additional criteria and provisions:
1. Prior approval by the appropriate administrator.
2. Earning a grade of A or B or other indication of successful completion of study.
3. Reimbursement not to exceed costs actually incurred per credit hour and not otherwise reimbursed.
4. No reimbursement for incidental costs, such as textbooks, supplies and parking.
5. Subtraction of available state or other tuition reimbursement funds from the amount otherwise due from the District.
6. Reimbursement for a maximum of six semester hours or equivalent per fall and spring terms of study. Persons eligible for Tier One reimbursement may take nine semester hours during a summer.
7. Submission of an official transcript or equivalent record and tuition receipt to Human Resources within 45 days of completing the class by the prescribed deadlines for application for reimbursement.
8. Active full time employment by the Ritenour District at the time of study (no reimbursement for study while on leave of absence).