To be eligible for the financial incentives of the A+ Schools Program, a student must be certified as an A+ student by Ritenour High School.To achieve this certification, a student must:
- Sign an A+ Schools Participation Agreement by January 1 of senior year. Note: Please sign into your Chromebook to complete the Participation Agreement Google form.
- Graduate from an A+ designated school and attend an A+ designated school for the two of the four years prior to graduation.
- Graduate with at least a 2.5 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate with a 95 percent attendance record.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid one-on-one tutoring or mentoring on district property.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the illegal use and/or possession of drugs, alcohol, and/or related paraphernalia.
- Score “Advanced” or “Proficient” on the Algebra I End of Course exam.
To receive A+ funds from the state, the following must also be completed:
- Make a documented good-faith effort to secure all available federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds that do not require repayment (FAFSA).
- Register with the Selective Service, if required by law to do so.
A semester report advising the student’s progress toward certification will be sent as soon as possible after the end of each semester.
Required documentation must be submitted to the A+ coordinator by May 1 of the student’s senior year.