District-Level Parent & Family Engagement Policy
The Ritenour School District Parent & Family Engagement Policy is developed jointly with parents. This policy is intended to engage parents in ongoing and meaningful communication about student academic learning and other school activities ensuring parents and families:
- play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning;
- Become actively involved in their child’s education; and
- Become full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
The School District will:
- Involve parents and family members in the joint development of the Title I.A LEA plan;
- Provide coordination, technical assistance, and other support to assist schools in planning and implementing effective parent and family involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance which may include meaningful consultation with employers, business leaders and philanthropic organizations, or individuals with expertise in effectively engaging parents and family members in education;
- Coordinate parent and family engagement strategies, to the extent feasible and appropriate, with other federal, state and local laws and programs;
- Conduct, with the meaningful involvement of parents and family members, an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parent and family engagement policy, including:
- The identification of barriers to greater participation, especially by parents who are economically disadvantaged, are disabled, have limited English proficiency, have limited literacy, or are of any racial or ethnic minority background;
- The needs of parents and family members to assist with the learning of their children; including engaging with school personnel and teachers; and,
- Strategies to support successful school and family interactions;
- Use the findings of the evaluation to design evidence-based strategies for more effective parental involvement; revise, if necessary, parent and family engagement policy; and,
- Involve parents in the activities of the Title I.A-served schools.
We value your input! Please use this form to leave us feedback on our district-level policy.