Ritenour Transitional Kindergarten Program
The Ritenour Transitional Kindergarten Program serves students from all six Ritenour elementary schools. The program is located at the Ritenour School for Early Childhood Education and is designed for students who are age appropriate for kindergarten but not quite ready for the expectations of a larger classroom environment. Education isn't just about developing a child's intellectual capabilities; there are emotional, social, physical, and many other factors that come into play. The program gives students the support they need by providing smaller class sizes and individualized attention.
Eligibility: The program is designed for children who are kindergarten age and may not be academically or socially ready for a larger kindergarten class. This also includes students who may not have age appropriate self-control, may not separate from caregivers easily or may simply benefit from more time to mature. Up to 12 students will be accepted into the program at a time.
Download the brochure in English and Spanish.
Benefits for Students
- Lessons tailored to the student’s specific needs
- Smaller class sizes for more individualized attention
- Focus on social skills and school readiness
- Transportation provided
- Quarterly parent learning sessions
- Ongoing parent communication
- Regular progress updates
Transitioning Back to Home School
- Students will transition back to their Ritenour home school at a logical time, such as semester break
- Team decision and mastery of goals determine program length
Ritenour School for Early Childhood Education
3580 Woodson Road St. Louis, MO 63114
Ritenour School District
Dr. Jennifer Singleton
Ritenour School for Early Childhood Education - Principal
Ritenour Assistant Superintendent for Data, Intervention and Student Support