Hoech & Ritenour Middle Schools Device Instructions
What do I first need to do when we get home with our Chromebook?
- Charge the Chromebook with the power adaptor for 4-6 hours.
- Plug the power adapter provided with the device into the device. On most Chromebooks,
the power port is on the left side toward the back hinge as you face the open screen.
- Plug the power adapter provided with the device into an electrical outlet.
How do I connect my student's Chromebook to our home network (WiFi)?
- Open and turn on the Chromebook. (Power button is on the top left corner)
- Connect to your home WiFi
- Click the status bar (gray box in the bottom right corner)
- Click on the wireless network icon (upper left under power button)
- A list of available networks will appear.
- Click on your WiFi network
- Student logs into Chromebook
- Student enters their Ritenour Google account, for example, email@example.com
- Password will be the same password they use at school
My student forgot his username or password. How can he/she retrieve that information?
The student can contact our technology department at firstname.lastname@example.org. The student should provide both his/her first and last name in the email and their school and if they need their username or a new password.
My child just received a HotSpot so we can connect to the internet. How do I use
this with the Chromebook?
- The Hotspot does not need to be plugged in to work.
- To turn Hotspot on, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds
- Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on your device (Chromebook or laptop). (see above Q&A)
- Wait for the Wi-Fi icon to turn green.
- Once it is green, search from your device for the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Search from your device for the available WiFi networks and select the appropriate
SSID code (located on the front of the device).
- Enter the network password located on the front of the Hotspot.
How do I connect my student's laptop to Google classroom?
- Open and turn on the laptop. Your laptop might require charging so please connect the charger to the laptop and to a wall socket.
- Next connect the laptop to your home WiFi or if you have a CAT5 cable and want to connect to a wired port, you can do so.
- Your student will log into the laptop using their school district credentials (username and password).
- After logging in, the student will double click on the Chrome browser icon and log into
- At this point, the student will have access to all Google school resources such as classroom, drive and docs.
Important Laptop/Chromebook Care Instructions
- Charge the laptop/Chromebook fully each night.
- Use the laptop/Chromebook in a common area of the house.
- Store the laptop/Chromebook in its protective sleeve (if provided) on a desk or table, never on the floor.
- Keep it away from food, drinks, younger siblings and pets.
- Cords and cables must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook case.
- Students should never carry their device while the screen is open.
- Devices should be shut down when not in use to conserve battery life.
- Devices should not be exposed to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight for extended periods of time. Extreme heat or cold may cause damage to the device.
- To disinfect/sanitize the keyboard, be sure the device is turned off. You may use a sanitizing wipe (Lysol wipe or similar, or an alcohol pad) that is barely damp to gently wipe the keyboard and/or mouse. Be sure the wipe is not soaking wet with the disinfectant. If moisture gets into the crevices of the device, it can permanently damage the device.
The Laptop/Chromebook screen can be damaged if subjected to rough treatment. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean on top of the Chromebook.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not place anything in the carrying case that will press against the cover.
- Do not poke the screen.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils,
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry anti-static, or micro-fiber cloth. Do not use window cleaner or any type of liquid or water on the device.
Need Tech Support?
Email Ritenour’s Technology Team at email@example.com