Virtual and Hybrid Learning Information (Phase 2)
Ritenour Virtual Academy (Phase 2)
The Ritenour Virtual Academy offers high-quality classes led by highly-qualified, certified Ritenour teachers who have completed additional training in virtual instruction. Students who participate in the academy will do all learning from home. Ritenour Virtual Academy will begin in Phase 2.
Students will have the consistency they need for continuous interactive learning with the same teacher and classmates, regardless of uncertainties of the pandemic and potential of school closures due to COVID-19 related issues or severe weather. Students who are learning from home as part of the RVA don’t need to worry about wearing masks or social distancing that will be in place on Ritenour school campuses. The consistency of RVA classrooms will provide students an opportunity to bond and interact with peers to create a caring, supportive learning community.
As a student in our virtual academy, your child will be enrolled in a comprehensive online educational program that provides the support and services they need to succeed. Our program is personal, offers online face-to-face interaction with only Ritenour teachers and counselors, and is based on the District’s mission to “develop the knowledge and skills necessary for success in our diverse, global society.” Special School District teachers and therapists also will provide virtual supports for students who qualify.
Students will be held accountable for their learning and will receive grades just as they would in other Ritenour schools. Teachers at the RVA will be able to monitor and assess student engagement and progress in real time.
Live, classroom instruction, activities and learning will occur Monday-Friday, 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. for K-5 students and from 8-10 a.m. and 12-2 p.m. for Grades 6-8.
RHS students will connect to their scheduled Ritenour High School classes from home. They will interact virtually with their teachers and peers during in-person class time, engaging in classroom discussion and assignments. For more information, visit www.ritenourschools.org/RVA.
Hybrid In-Person Learning Model (Phase 2)
- Students attend two full days per week of in-person instruction (Monday/Wednesday) as Group A or (Tuesday/Thursday) as Group B
- The days when students are not in school will be for independent virtual learning.
- Friday is a virtual learning day for all students K-3
- Students will be divided into different groups alphabetically by last name (Families will be kept together regardless of last name.)
- There will be no early release days
- Continue to participate in full-time virtual learning from home until there is sustained evidence of decreased community spread of the illness that allows them to return to hybrid in-person learning.