Ritenour is committed to developing all employees to improve the learning of all students.
- Organizes adults into learning communities whose goals are aligned with those of the school and district.
- Requires skillful school and district leaders who guide continuous instructional improvement.
- Requires resources to support adult learning and collaboration.
- Prepares educators to apply research to decision making.
- Uses learning strategies appropriate to the intended goal.
- Applies knowledge about human learning and change.
- Provides educators with the knowledge and skills to collaborate.
- Prepares educators to understand and appreciate all students, create safe, orderly and supportive learning environments, and hold high expectations for their academic achievement.
- Deepens educators’ content knowledge, provides them with research-based instructional strategies to assist students in meeting rigorous academic standards, and prepares them to use various types of classroom assessments appropriately.
- Provides educators with knowledge and skills to involve families and other stakeholders appropriately. (NSDC Standards,2001 rev.)
Plan, coordinate, and communicate ongoing Professional Development opportunities throughout school year.
- Plan, coordinate, and support professional development cadres
- Collaborates with the District Professional Development Committee to support the process of facilitating Building Staff Development Days and building level learning opportunities.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Superintendent, curriculum coordinators and instructional facilitators to plan, coordinate, and communicate District Staff Development Days
- Uses data to review, evaluate, and refine the professional development program
- Observations, and coaching
- Management of District Professional Development Budget
- Management of School Business Attendance Authorization Requests
- Management of Professional Development web resources & Professional Development Library located in RHS library media center.
Management and Implementation of Mentor/Mentee Program
- New Employee Orientation and Mentor Orientation
- Mentor/Mentee Learning sessions
- Resources (Mentor & New Teacher Handbook, BTAP coordination, etc.)
- Management & Presentation of Program reports to DESE (CORE DATA) and Ritenour’s Board of Education
Coordination of District Recognition
- Diamond Circle
- Teacher and Support Staff
- State Award Application
- Emerson Electric Award
- Make A Difference Award
- First Class Teacher Award