Title IV: 21st Century Schools
Title IV of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act is intended to improve students’ academic achievement by increasing the capacity of states, LEAs, schools and local communities to:
- Provide all students with access to a well-rounded education;
- Improve school conditions for student learning; and,
- Improve the use of technology in order to improve the academic achievement and digital literacy of students.
Title IV funds are utilized for a variety of purposes to support students and teachers including:
- Dual credit and dual enrollment fees
- Materials, resources and professional development
In support of strengthening student learning and opportunities, U. City Schools receive Title IV funds and will be carrying out the requirements of The Every Students Succeeds Act (ESSA).
For questions regarding the Title IV program and funding, please contact:
Coordinator of Curriculum and Federal Programs