Student Health & Wellness

  • Each Ritenour school building has a full-time registered nurse that is available to students during school hours. Ritenour's policies require a form to be completed and signed by a parent/guardian and doctor for any medication to be administered to a student at school. A separate form is required for students to self administer emergency medication. See frequently asked questions below to learn more and download forms.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Where can I take my child for immunizations?

    Posted by:

    John C. Murphy Health Center
    6121 North Hanley Road
    Berkeley, MO 63134
    Phone: (314) 615-0500

    Regular Immunizations (Including Childhood):
    Walk-ins Welcome; No Appointment Needed

    Monday through Friday:  8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m.
    Call to verify hours before going.

    On the first Friday of each month, the Health Centers will not open until 12:30 p.m. to accommodate staff training. The Health Centers are open to all. Fees and health services available are based on income, family size, ability to pay, and location of residence.

    Comments (-1)
  • My child needs to take medication at school. What do I need to do?

    Posted by:

    1. This form for "Prescribed and Over-the-Counter Medication" must be signed by your child’s physician and parent/guardian.

    2. If you want your Middle or High School student to carry their Emergency Medication with them at school please complete this permission form for "Student to Self-Administer Emergency Medication" which must be signed by a parent/guardian. This form must be accompanied by the first form (the "Prescribed and Over-the-Counter Medication" form).

    3. Bring your completed paperwork with the medication to be administered in the original prescription bottle or container to the school nurse.

    4. The school nurse will review your paperwork, count the amount of medication being left at school and discuss any concerns regarding the medication with you.

    5. If the school nurse is not in, you may leave the paperwork and medication with the school office secretary, however please understand the medication will not be administered at school until the school nurse or another building nurse can review your request.

    Comments (-1)