About Kratz Elementary School
A 10-acre site where Kratz Elementary is currently located was acquired in 1951 for $100 and “other good and valuable considerations.” Passage of a bond issue in January 1953 provided the $314,700 to build the elementary school which was named for Charles C. Kratz, a member of the Board of Education from 1934 to 1950. The school opened in 1954.
A $109,100 addition was contracted even before the end of 1954, followed in 1967 by another addition for $197,435.
The 1990 bond issue provided major renovations to Kratz. A later bond issue in 2002 made possible the addition of a second gymnasium at a cost of approximately $500,000.
Kratz has had 11 principals since its opening. Edward Myers, the first principal, and John Antonio each served 13 years. Dr. Tim Streicher is the current principal.