About Marvin Elementary School
Marvin Elementary derived its name from the Marvin Park subdivision for which it was built to serve. A bond issue in February 1928 provided for the purchase of a site for the school. It opened in 1928 with six teachers and 302 pupils.
From 1956 to 1967, more land was purchased around the site – which now consists of approximately 10 acres.
With approval of the 1990 bond issue, the older portions of the Marvin building were torn down, and in 1991 the current new building was constructed for $3,102,000. A second gymnasium, costing approximately $500,000 and funded by a 2005 bond issue, was completed for the beginning of school in 2006.
Since 1928, Marvin has had 10 principals. Bessie Brand was Marvin's first and longest-serving principal with 26 years. Nicole Autenrieth is the current principal.