Welcome to the Marvin Library
LibrarianMrs. BurkhardtHours8:55 am - 3:20 pm
Library Media Center Goals & Expectations
Library Media Center Goals
- To foster a learning environment that encourages investigation, allows for independent thinking, and develops effective study habits for all ages and abilities.
- To provide an opportunity for students to develop the skills and attitudes, this will encourage school library usage.
- To provide materials that support the curriculum, student interests, and staff needs as funds are available.
- To model the integration of technology in the curriculum for students and teachers.
- To promote the students’ enjoyment of and commitment to reading.
- To expose students to materials which reflect the rich diversity of our world.
- To promote awareness and use of resources available in the library, both print and electronic.
- Respect the library by having a positive attitude and showing self-control.
- Respect others by cooperating and sharing. Respect our time by coming in quickly and quietly, and by starting and stopping on time.
- Respect school equipment by caring for the books, the computers, and using the shelf markers.
- Be a responsible learner by listening, following directions, and participating positively.