The Ritenour School for Early Childhood Education (SECE) was designed as a comprehensive resource for all families living in the district. Here we help children grow socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually through developmentally appropriate activities in preparation for kindergarten. Our school is committed to promoting the growth and development of the whole child by nurturing and encouraging natural curiosity and positive self-awareness.
- We are nationally accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- We are a "green school," which means our school was built to be environmentally conscious. Our courtyard, rain gardens, energy efficient design and an abundance of natural light all serve to provide students with a healthy, eco-friendly learning environment.
- Our certified teachers and teacher assistants provide students with valuable learning experiences through play-based activities.
- The nearly 28,000-square-foot facility features 14 classrooms where preschoolers, including those with special education needs, receive classroom instruction and participate in guided play.
- The school has a full-service kitchen to provide healthy meals each day.
- Construction of our facility was funded by Proposition K, a $50 million bond issue Ritenour voters approved in 2008.
At our school, you'll also find the Ritenour Parents As Teachers classroom and developmental screening rooms. A children's lending library is located in the building. The school hosts community events and activities, including parent/child interaction activities. When needed, our early childhood experts can provide families with referrals to other community agencies and services.