Hoech Middle School’s mission is to serve the community by ensuring all students develop the knowledge, skills and tools that prepare them to become productive, healthy, successful citizens.
VisionAt Hoech Middle School, we are dedicated to creating an exemplary school in which:
The school environment
- Provides a sense of safety and structure
- Is positive, friendly and welcoming
- Consciously centers around student learning and success
- Is rigorous and engaging
- Is relevant to students’ lives and to the real world
- Promotes interactive learning experiences
- Is student-centered and differentiated to meet student needs
- Engages students and provides opportunities for questioning, interaction, discussion and reflection
- Encourages and celebrates student learning and growth
- Is authentic, purposeful and relevant
- Is ongoing and varied
- Serves as a tool that both teachers and students can use to measure learning and growth
In order to realize our mission and vision, we will:
- Build and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members
- Maintain high expectations for student behavior
- Ensure our curriculum is meeting the needs of diverse learners, providing real-life connections and preparing students for college and/or careers.
- Challenge students to think so that they can find solutions to challenging problems and take that skill to
- be lifelong learners.
- Hold all stake-holders to high, but realistic, expectations that celebrate growth in teaching and learning.
- Provide the tools and resources necessary to address all students’ needs.
- Commit to be prepared every day and give our students content that will meet them where they are and while also stretching their thinking.
- Use data from diverse assessments to collaboratively make instructional decisions.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback for assessments that are both authentic and purposeful.
- Encourage and expect students to accept responsibility for their learning.