In an effort to support social distancing during this time, beginning March 18, 2020, the Ritenour School District, including Adult Education, is closed until April 6. This includes all classes and orientations. Please check back here for updates. The Ritenour Adult Education team is wishing good health for all members of our community!
The Ritenour Adult Education & Literacy (AEL) Program provides free services that help adult students obtain the skills necessary to earn a High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma, prepare for post-secondary education, become U.S. citizens, improve English-as-a-Second Language (ESL) proficiency, find and keep a job, and achieve other academic, employment, or personal goals. Students attending any classes in any program of AEL must be at least 17 years old or 16 years old with 16 high school credits, no longer attending high school, provide documentation from previous school, and attend a mandatory orientation.
Specific services the AEL program(s) offers include:
- HSE (High School Equivalency) Preparation
- Literacy Services/Adult Basic Education
- English-as-a-Second Language (ESL)Classes
- Online Registration and testing
- Workforce and college preparation
All Classes are FREE. Please call 314-493-6412 for more information or click here to enroll online. Enrollment resumes August 2019.
Adult Learning Center
8762 St. Charles Rock Road
St. John, MO 63114
Our Community partners:
- St. Louis Community College
- Community Action Agency of Saint Louis
- Kiwanis Club of Ritenour
- Missouri Career Center
- University of Missouri Extension Family Nutrition Education Program