Ritenour Tiny House for Sale October 2018
The Ritenour School District in St. Louis, Mo. is not only embracing tiny homes as an alternative housing option but also as an educational tool for their students. Since January 2018, students in the high school Geometry in Construction classes have been building a tiny house to sell to the highest bidder. All proceeds will go back into funding the program. Click here to bid on the Tiny House.
Download the flyer here.
Price: Bidding begins at $1,000
Sale Date: Beginning Oct. 2018
Buyer is responsible for pick up and delivery of the tiny house. Sold “as-is” with no warranty of any kind.
Ritenour Tiny House Features:
- Built by Ritenour High School students
- 220 square feet
- 160 square feet of living space;
60 square feet loft area
- 8,000 BTU Heat/AC combo unit
- Three dedicated 15 amp outlets for AC/Heat, refrigerator and oven
- Home Depot premium Shaker kitchen cabinets
- IKEA slate grey laminate countertop
- Stainless steel sink
- Premium Behr exterior paint
- Wilke double pane Low-E argon gas insulated windows
- Electric wire Romex 12-2 with ground
- Full bath roughed in: toilet, sink, shower ready for fixture installation.
- Two cable outlets for television
- WiFi capabilities
- Outside LED porch light with switch
- Dimmable LED ceiling lights
- Two flat screen television swivel mounts (televisions not included)
- Porcelain bathroom sink with faucets
- Lofted bedroom
- Double pane Low-E argon gas insulated sliding glass door
- Outside deck
- Simple water hookup
- Much more!
More about the Ritenour Geometry in Construction Program:
The Ritenour School District Geometry in Construction program helps students learn about careers such as carpentry, engineering, architecture, construction management and various construction trades. Students gain an understanding of the interrelation of geometry and construction by designing and constructing theater sets for high school productions, storage sheds, tiny homes and more.
Students not only learn math skills and best practices for business entrepreneurship, but also important life skills, such as teamwork, accountability and seeing mistakes as opportunities for growth and improvement.