The Ritenour Summer Academy Program provides multiple academic interventions in reading and mathematics for Ritenour students in grades 2-8 and credit recovery and enrichment offerings in multiple areas for Ritenour students in grades 9-12. The goals of the program include the following:
- Student academic progress will be assessed to support identification of those most in need of summer intervention.
- Intervention programs, aligned with student needs, will be implemented and progress will be monitored on a weekly basis
- Student/Teacher ratio will be 15/1 or less to provide individualized support to facilitate success
- Teachers will be trained to effectively implement interventions and also to support the building of 8 positive student relationships
- The program will focus on developing student self-efficacy for long-term sustainability of academic success
- Data (anecdotal and standardized results) will be provided to school administrators to increase the potential for continued success during the school year.