Welcome to the Ritenour School District Summer Academy!
Download registration forms for the 2020-2021 Summer Academy! Forms are due April 15.
- RHS Credit Recovery
- RHS Excel Program
- Middle School Summer Camp
- Elementary Reading & Math
- Excel Program IWC
- ELL Elementary & Middle Language and Vocabulary
Summer School Classes 2020
June 8 - July 2: (Grades 1-8) All Classes are Monday-Thursday
June 8-July 9 (Grades 9-12) All Classes are Monday-Thursday (note that there will be no classes July 3)
Elementary Students (students in grades 1-5 in the 2020-2021 school year)
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Location: Students attend their home school.
Middle School: (students in grades 6-8 in the 2020-2021 school year)
Time: 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Location: STEAM: Ritenour Middle School; Math: Hoech Middle School
Ritenour High School
Session Times: 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.; 10:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.; 2-5 p.m. (Note: Students must complete and return summer session application with preferred session time prior to the start of summer school.)
Location: Ritenour High School
The Ritenour Summer Academy Program provides multiple academic interventions in reading and mathematics for Ritenour elementary and middle school students, and credit recovery and enrichment offerings in multiple areas for Ritenour students in grades 9-12. The goals of the program include the following:
- Student academic progress will be assessed to support identification of those most in need of summer intervention.
- Intervention programs, aligned with student needs, will be implemented and progress will be monitored on a weekly basis
- Student/Teacher ratio will be 15/1 or less to provide individualized support to facilitate success
- Teachers will be trained to effectively implement interventions and also to support the building of 8 positive student relationships
- The program will focus on developing student self-efficacy for long-term sustainability of academic success
- Data (anecdotal and standardized results) will be provided to school administrators to increase the potential for continued success during the school year.
Transportation and nutrition services are provided for elementary and middle school students.