To Parents/Guardians/Families of the Class of 2022:
Commencement exercises will be held Saturday, June 4, 2022 beginning promptly at 6 p.m., at The Chaifetz Arena, #1 South Compton Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63103.
View important graduation information, a map of the arena, arena parking, and arena regulations.
- Graduating seniors must report by 4:15 p.m. to Gate A (see attached map) and follow the signs to the graduate staging area. No guests will be admitted into the student staging area at any time.
- Parents and guests enter through Gates B or C (see attached map).
- Students are to follow the District dress code and dress neatly in clothes appropriate for the event (neither shorts nor tennis shoes are permitted).
- The bottom 4 rows of Section 116 are reserved for hearing impaired guests. An interpreter will be available.
- The Chaifetz Arena will open at 5 p.m. for parent/guest seating. All seating is open for parents and friends. There is no assigned seating other than for the graduates and hearing impaired guests. Entry for disabled seating will be through Gate C. Shuttles will be available from the parking garage for the elderly or disabled. Elevators are located inside the arena to access disabled seating, which is located at various locations along the upper arena. Seats are also available near these areas for the remainder of the family.
- Complimentary parking for guests is located in the Olive Garage only. The entrance for this garage is located on S. Compton Ave. (see attached map)
- At 5:55 p.m. the National Anthem will begin, followed by the processional. Please be considerate of the other guests by remaining seated during the ceremony. Please remain seated while graduates enter and leave the arena. Please do not enter the arena floor while the ceremony is in progress, as this is a distraction for spectators and graduates alike.
- Following the recessional at the end of the program, the graduates will return to the Graduate Staging Area to receive their diplomas if school rules and instructions were followed. Students may meet their guests after the ceremony outside Gates B & C. No guests will be admitted into the graduate staging area at any time.
- As Commencement is a significant ceremony for our students, their families, and our school community, we must require everyone who attends to observe the proper etiquette so that it remains an impressive and dignified event for all.