Mathnasium Information for the 2023-2024 School Year
Don’t Miss This Amazing Free Opportunity for Your Child to Excel in Math!
Our district has partnered with Mathnasium to help support our middle and high school students in math. This amazing math tutoring opportunity provides a limited number of spots for Ritenour students to participate in the program free of charge after school hours. Mathnasium is considered by some experts to be the top math learning center in the country. We hope that your student can take advantage of this opportunity to become more successful in math!
Tutoring sessions will begin Sept. 5, 2023.
This year, Mathnasium has opened a location at the Husky Support Center in our district. The Husky Support Center is located at 9303 Midland Blvd. Families are responsible for their own transportation.
Tutoring hours for Mathnasium at the Ritenour Husky Support Center are:
- Monday: 3-6 p.m.
- Tuesday: 3-6 p.m.
- Thursday: 3-6 p.m.
- Saturday: Noon - 3 p.m.
- Sunday: 1-3 p.m.
Students are expected to attend three times per week with a requirement of 2 sessions per week to remain eligible for the program.
Additional information about Mathnasium:
- Provide comprehensive pre and post-math assessments
- Create individualized, custom plans for each student
- Fill gaps in the student’s math foundation and reinforce “Number Sense”
- Develop the student’s ability to apply math concepts to real-life situations
- Support the teacher’s coursework, so the student doesn’t fall further behind
- Help with homework questions - generally 15 minutes per hour-long session
- Build student’s confidence in math
- Develop the student’s ability to learn independently
- Click here to learn more about Mathnasium
The requirements to enroll and participate in the program are:
- Students must adhere to the Mathnasium code of conduct for Parents and Students.
- Transportation is not provided. Families must transport students to the Husky Support Center or the Creve Coeur location* at least two times per week for their scheduled tutoring sessions.
- There will be no supervision for students before or after tutoring sessions.
- Student reading comprehension level will be considered for enrollment.
- You must schedule sessions at least 12 hours in advance, using our online scheduling tool. Walk-in appointments are not permitted.
If student attendance, work completion or code of conduct at the center does not meet the minimum requirements, students will not be allowed to continue in the program. Students must also meet Ritenour School District’s behavior expectations.
Space is limited and students will be selected based on meeting the above-mentioned criteria. Students will be randomly selected from a list of eligible participants. A waiting list will be created after 200 spaces have been filled.
*Families can also attend tutoring sessions at Mathnasium’s Creve Coeur location, 12509 Olive Blvd. Families are responsible for their own transportation. Creve Coeur location hours are Monday-Thursday (3:30 - 7:30 p.m.), Friday (4-6 p.m.) and Saturday (Noon - 4 p.m.). Please note, that families must choose either the Husky Support Center or Creve Coeur location for the tutoring sessions.