Breakfast & Lunch Menus
6-18-2021 Important Information for Families Regarding Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer
Dear Ritenour Families,
Starting June 15, 2021 families that qualify for free or reduced-price meals at school can once more apply for Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) benefits to help cover food costs they experienced while their student was not doing in-seat learning due to the pandemic. However, the P-EBT 2020-2021 program is very different from last year’s program. Here are highlights of those changes:
- All families must apply to get the P-EBT benefit, regardless of whether or not they receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/Food Stamp benefits.
- A child may be eligible for P-EBT only if the school was closed, not doing in-seat learning, or had reduced attendance or hours at least five school days in a row due to COVID-19 (in most cases, this includes hybrid modes of learning).
- P-EBT benefits are available for the months of September 2020 through May 2021.
- The P-EBT benefit is based on the school’s report of how much of the month was not in-seat learning. If most of the school’s month was not in-seat learning, the monthly P-EBT benefit amount is $129.58. If only some of the school’s month was not in-seat learning, the monthly P-EBT benefit amount is $77.75.
- Families download the P-EBT application (aplicación en Español)
Families must directly email or mail the P-EBT application to the Family Support Division address listed on the application by July 31, 2021.
- Families must not submit the application to the Ritenour school district.
- Each eligible student will get an EBT card in his or her name with the lump sum P-EBT benefit amount for the 2020-2021 school year. Ineligible families will receive a denial letter.
If you have questions on how to apply for the P-EBT benefit, contact DSS through the online chat feature at mydss.mo.gov or call 855-373-4636.
- View School Menus here.
- Learn about "Return to Learning" Phase 2 Meal Information.
- Learn about Meal Distribution during virtual learning in Ritenour.
The Ritenour School District recognizes the positive impact healthy meals have on academic achievement, and we are committed to providing nutritious and appetizing meals to all students. We know that a hungry child cannot learn.
*Ritenour cafeterias offer students a wide variety of healthy and popular menu options for breakfast and lunch. Students should select full servings of at least three different food items offered for lunch, including a fruit or vegetable serving.
*Breakfast and lunch are served at no cost to all K-12 students. Money can be added to your child's "My School Bucks" account for additional food items. Learn more about My School Bucks here.Breakfast and lunch menus for all schools are available on Nutrislice, an innovative and interactive site that makes our menus more convenient and informative than ever before! Check out the website here. For even easier access, download the Nutrislice App. Search for "School Lunch by Nutrislice" on Google Play or the App Store.This week's menu items are also recorded on the Menu Hotline: (314) 493-6092.
*Please note that during virtual learning, students will not have additional food selection options, and no funds will need to be added to their MySchoolBucks account. Meals will be delivered at bus stops daily.