Ritenour Offers Free Early Childhood Education for District Families for 2022-2023 School Year
Beginning with the 2022-2023 school year, the Ritenour School District will offer free early childhood education to district families. The program was previously tuition-based. Half-day and full-day classes are offered at the Ritenour School for Early Childhood Education, located at 3580 Woodson Road.
The program is offered for children who are 3, 4 and 5 years old. To qualify for enrollment, children must be toilet trained and reside in the district. Children must be at least 3 years old by July 31, 2022.
Ritenour's School for Early Childhood Education is designed to help children grow socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually through developmentally appropriate activities in preparation for kindergarten. The building has a combination of general education and special education classrooms.
Ritenour is able to offer the program free this year because the state of Missouri will reimburse the district for student attendance.
Below are more details about the opportunity for Ritenour families to sign up for the program:
- All families who have already enrolled for the early childhood education program for the upcoming school year (prior to June 10, 2022) will receive their child’s education at no cost if they are Ritenour residents. Children who are non-residents who attended in the 2021-2022 school year and already enrolled for the upcoming school year will continue paying tuition for this school year, which is $93/week for half-day classes or $175/week for full-day classes.
- Families must be district residents to enroll their child(ren) in the enrollment lottery.
- The enrollment lottery deadline for families for the 2022-2023 school year is Thursday, June 30, 2022.
- Registration for the enrollment lottery must be done at the Ritenour Administrative Center, 2420 Woodson Road, Monday through Friday, 8:30-10:30 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. (Note that the district is closed on Monday, June 20 for the Juneteenth Holiday.) Families must provide proof of residency; documentation verifying you own, rent, or lease property in your name in the Ritenour School District boundaries. See details here.
- All registrations received by the June 30 deadline will participate in a lottery.
- Families will be notified by Friday, July 8, 2022 if they have been selected for the program.
- Any students registered by June 30, 2022 who are not chosen in the lottery will automatically be placed on a waiting list based on the order of the lottery drawing. Students who register after June 30, 2022 will automatically be placed on a waiting list based on the order of when they register.
- Students on the waiting list will be enrolled if/when spots become available.
- Students must maintain at least 95% attendance to remain in the program. The early childhood schedule follows the Ritenour School District calendar.
- There will still be a charge for before- and after-school care. Before and after care are available Monday through Friday. The cost for district residents is $56 per week for both morning and aftercare or $41 per week for only before or only aftercare for in-district residents; the cost for non-residents is $74/week for before and aftercare or $58/week for only before or aftercare. Before-care hours are 6 to 8 a.m.; after-care hours are 4-6 p.m.
“We are thrilled to offer this opportunity for our families,” said Ritenour Superintendent Dr. Chris Kilbride. “We know that providing a high quality, no-cost option for our youngest learners will benefit our students, families and community both now and in the future.”
For more information, call the Ritenour School for Early Childhood Education at (314) 493-6240. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m.to 4 p.m. on Fridays.