Learn about Ritenour's Transition to Phase 2
The Ritenour School District has announced plans to offer hybrid in-person learning for grades 4-8 and selected students in grades 9-12. Recommendations were made based on discussions from the Phase 2 committee of parents, teachers, students, support staff and administrators.
Read the Oct. 21 letter to Ritenour families with students in grades 4-8:
Read the Oct. 21 letter to Ritenour families with students in grades 9-12:
The decision highlights the following:
- Elementary school families will have the option of sending their children in grades 4-5 to school for two days a week in-person, with three days virtual beginning Wednesday, Nov. 11. Families will be assigned to one of two in-person learning groups based on the last name of the primary parent/guardian. Group A will be in person on Mondays/Wednesdays; group B will be in school on Tuesdays/Thursdays. Fridays are full virtual days for all students in hybrid learning.
- Middle school families have the option to send their students in grades 6-8 to school for two days a week in person, with three days virtual beginning Monday, Nov. 23. Also at this level, families will be assigned to one of two in-person learning groups based on the last name of the primary parent/guardian. Group A will be in person on Mondays/Wednesdays; group B will be in school on Tuesdays/Thursdays. Fridays are full virtual days for all students in hybrid learning.
- The most vulnerable high school students can return to in-person hybrid instruction beginning Monday, Nov. 23. This includes students with Individual Education Plans (IEP's) through Special School District, 504 plans, English language learners and students who have been identified by the school’s student support teams as having extremely low engagement with virtual learning. Ritenour will offer all high school students the option for hybrid in-person learning beginning second semester in January of 2021.
- Families also have the option to keep their children in a full virtual environment.
- Families of students in grades 4-8 who did not commit in July to full virtual learning can choose this option by completing the eForm through the Parent Portal no later than Sunday, Oct. 25. The commitment will stand through the end of first semester (Jan. 14, 2021).
- Please note: It is possible that the pandemic conditions in our area could change quickly. Families and staff should be prepared for any range of scenarios that could happen depending on the nature of the situation and the extent of community spread of COVID-19.
The district had a successful start to the hybrid in-person learning schedule after bringing back kindergarten students on Oct. 7 and students in grades 1-3 on Oct. 12.
To see how Ritenour is preparing for a safe return of its students and staff, watch this short video.