What Ritenour Families Need to Know After Winter Break from Jan. 4-14
In January, the Ritenour School District will return from winter break with all students in Phase 3 (full virtual learning) from Jan. 4 through Jan. 14, 2021, which are the last two weeks of the first semester.
Students will continue Jan. 4-14 with their daily learning schedule and teachers who they have had during the second quarter. Students in K-3 who had hybrid learning will continue learning virtually with the same teachers during the first two weeks of January. Potential exposures outside of our school community during winter break could put others at risk for illness. That is why we are doing our part by implementing virtual instruction for all Ritenour students following the holidays.
Our goal is to bring all of our students in grades K-12 back for Phase 2 hybrid in-person learning to kick off second semester on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021 (This will be a B Day for In-Person Hybrid Learning). We are asking our families and staff to please limit exposures to people outside their pandemic bubble during the first two weeks of January so we can start the second semester as healthy and safely as possible. Families who have chosen virtual learning for second semester will continue in that format.
It is important to note that students may have different teachers during second semester due to the shift of learning formats that families selected.
Below is important information for all Ritenour families:
Classes / Student Schedules
Students will continue with their current daily learning schedule from Jan 4-14. All classes will be taught virtually.
- School for Early Childhood Education: All Virtual from Jan. 4-14
- Grades K-3 Hybrid Group A: Meet online with their teacher on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; asynchronous learning (students working on their own) on Tuesday/Thursday.
- Grades K-3 Hybrid Group B: Meet online with their teacher on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; asynchronous learning (students working on their own) on Monday/Wednesday.
- Grades K-3 Ritenour Virtual Academy (RVA): Continue with 100 percent virtual instruction online Monday-Friday
- Grades 4-12: Continue virtual learning online Monday-Friday
In addition to all students learning virtually, most school administrators, teachers and staff will be working remotely from Jan. 4-14. Staff members will be checking email and voice mail regularly, so please leave a message at your child’s school and a school staff member will respond in a timely manner. You may also contact your child’s teacher(s) directly via email. Click here for contact information for each Ritenour School.
Technology support will be available for all students and families during Phase 3 learning. If you experience any difficulties with technology, please contact the Ritenour Technology Support Line by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (314) 493-6172 or (314) 493-6085.
Is your district device not working? Device exchanges will be done at the entrance near the pool at Ritenour High School. The dates and times for exchanging devices are listed below. If you are a high or middle school student, please bring your student ID. Please drive up to the circle near the Husky Statue. All device pickups and exchanges will take place outside, weather permitting.
- Tuesday, Jan. 5: 8 - 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 6: 8 - 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 7: 8 - 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 8: 8 - 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 11: 8 - 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 12: 8 - 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 13: 8 - 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 14: 8 - 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
Breakfast and Lunch Deliveries
Meals will be delivered by bus after winter break when Ritenour moves to Phase 3 learning after winter break. Meal delivery will begin on Tuesday, Jan. 5 and run through Thursday, Jan. 14. Please note: there will be no meal delivery on Monday, Jan. 4.
Bus routes will remain the same as they have been throughout the first semester. Buses will be running routes two times daily between 6:50 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. Students will have two opportunities to come pick up their meals at their assigned bus stop. Click here to view the bus run schedule for meal deliveries.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the following:
- Child Nutrition Services (menu items and food allergies): (314) 493-6095
- Transportation (bus stop locations): (314) 493-6327
- Email email@example.com and we will send your question to the appropriate department for a response
Board of Education Candidate Filing
Candidate filing for the Ritenour Board of Education is open from Dec. 15, 2020 - Jan. 19, 2021. Because district staff will be working remotely from Jan. 4-14, anyone interested in filing is asked to contact Michelle Clover to set up an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (314) 493-6050.
Our goal is to bring all of our students in grades K-12 back for Phase 2 hybrid in-person learning to kick off second semester on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021. But, it is possible that transition may need to be delayed due to conditions presented by the pandemic.
More information will be shared with families in early January about the possible transition to hybrid in-person learning, including how and where to pick up meals, bus information, student schedules and more. Please be sure to check your email frequently in January for all of the latest updates.
Watch the Top 5 Things You Need to Know video.