New Ala Carte Options at Ritenour High School
November 3, 2023
Dear RHS Parents and Guardians of RHS Students,
Beginning Monday, Nov. 20, RHS students and staff will have the opportunity to purchase extra entrees and/or extra side items that are already on the regular menu.
Here are some key details regarding our a la carte offerings:
- We will not be accepting cash for a la carte items.
- Payment System: Money must be pre-loaded into the student's account to access these additional options. Each student will have their own MySchoolBucks account. You will need the student's ID number (which you can see through the Parent Portal) to create an account.
- Meal Recommendations: Students must get a standard regular meal offering before they get an ala carte item. Our standard meals are provided free of charge. If they find themselves still hungry, they can then choose to purchase extra items (a la carte).
- No Charging: Students must check their MySchoolBucks account prior to taking an ala carte item. We will not allow any student to charge a la carte items. This will ensure that we maintain a cashless system and that students and parents/guardians are aware of the financial responsibility associated with these purchases.
- Entrees: Each extra entree will be available for $2.00. We offer three daily entrees that are available on our menu.
- Side Items: Most side items will range from $0.60 to $0.80.
We understand the importance of providing options and flexibility when it comes to school lunches. The introduction of a la carte items is one more way we aim to meet the diverse needs and preferences of our students.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we transition to this new system. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to contact Deana Hill, director of Child Nutrition Services, at (314) 493-6095 or email@example.com.
We look forward to continuing to provide our students with nutritious and delicious meal options.
Deana Hill, Director of Child Nutrition Services