The Ritenour School District will host an open house for the community to review potential school boundary changes on Wednesday, March 8 from 4:30 - 7 p.m. in the auditorium lobby at Ritenour High School, 9100 St. Charles Rock Road.
At the open house, district administrators and a professional demographer will be on hand to share potential new school boundary maps and gather additional community feedback on proposed elementary and middle school attendance areas. The new attendance areas are scheduled to be presented to the Ritenour Board of Education this spring for final approval.
In December 2022, the district hosted meetings at each elementary and middle school to seek feedback that will help the district to redraw elementary and middle school attendance boundaries. Dozens of families and community members also completed an online survey to provide feedback.
Families ranked their top priorities that impact school boundaries, which included:
- Provide equity in class size, resources and staffing
- To the greatest extent possible, avoid student crossing identified “dangerous” streets
- Eliminate divided apartment complexes among elementary schools so students living in these complexes attend one elementary school
- Provide equal classroom sizes that are at, or below, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) standards
- Eliminate crowding and balance enrollments by schools
- Minimize travel/maximize safety in travel; assign students to the closest school possible and don’t divide subdivisions and neighborhoods
For more information, visit www.ritenourschools.org/Redistricting.